Monday, July 29, 2013

Front Oven Controls

Front Range Controls

As with the flat light switches over the last decade, and front-load washing machines, ovens with front controls are easier to find and more comparably priced than they used to be.

Without question, front controls can be more dangerous for children than standard rear controls, but I believe there are pass-code lockable models available for those concerned. In the past, when living in my first apartment while attending post-secondary education, I considered trying an adaptation to reach across the burners to work the controls on the built-in range top provided in the apartment. I felt it too dangerous for me. Ironically, despite the unusable range in my "barrier-free" apartment, it had a cabinet-mount oven that was usable.

For our home we decided the counter top and cupboard space was more valuable than a roll-under range and a cabinet-mount oven. The solutions to my limited ability to use the range and oven include a toaster oven, electric appliances and planning a meal's completion for when my wife is home and can remove items from the full-sized oven.

Source: Most major appliance retailers.

No comments:

Post a Comment